Monday, October 06, 2008

This Past Week....
I am starting to get use to this idea of being home...I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing?

I had physical therapy on Wednesday and Friday. I seem to be coming along. Each and every day I am able to move my arm a little more.

OK...So now for the real scoop.......
I have watched every stinkin' show available on the Food Network and then some..I have decided I hate my bed..I hate my couch..and I am going stir crazy. I needed some outdoor time! Many days since my surgery I have sat out on my deck. Just looking at nothing. I decided that my little backyard area and deck needed some color...something I use to do before my injury. On Saturday with no one around I snuck away to HomeDepot and bought some color. Before I could get started I needed to trim the vine that comes over the fence from my neighbor. I turned off the phone (it was me time) and started to move along the deck trimming here and trimming there..being careful not to hurt myself or push my limits....then all of the sudden..."CRUNCH!!" UGGG! I knew the deck was in need of being replaced but never thought my foot would go through it! UGGG!!! Not what I needed right then..Well, nothing I could do about it at that moment so, I continued to move along avoiding that spot as much as possible and being more aware that there could be others lurking to grab my ankles. After vine trimming ..I got busy I put a little here and a little there And I still have more to plant!! Just being outside and playing in the dirt, adding color made me feel 100% better. It was really a nice day!

2 comments:

Misty said...

Looks really nice there.

Mike and Gail said...

WOW!! You have been busy. I love it. It looks just delightful. I need to come and have coffee with you on the deck. :D