Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Happy and Bummed..All in One.. Can that really Happen?!
I went to the doctors today for my 6 week follow up from my surgery. The doctor put me back to work starting Monday, October 13, 2008 for 4 hours a day for the next 6 weeks. I will not be bored any longer!! Yeah!!!!
In six weeks he wants to see me again to see if I have progressed with the recovery. He told me that it could take up to a year for me to feel 100%. He also told me that I am looking at the possibility of another surgery. He wants to go back in and shave off part of my clavicle to back it off the joint in my shoulder. He said that when he was in there that it looked fine...but now feels that I should have done. Bummed!

Pictures of my last surgery:
Bone they removed from my shoulder
Pain catheter inserted into my shoulder for the first night after surgery. It was removed the next day during physical therapy

My shoulder all cleaned up


I am not really looking forward to having to go through another surgery but if it is need be and I will live pain free....then I will :)


No comments: