Monday, December 08, 2008

Teddy is Not Sure
A few weeks ago by the request of my doctor I took a sleep test. Since my Mom has sleep apnea he wanted to make sure I did not. It runs in families. My test results came back that I had sever obstructive sleep apnea. Apparently during the test I stopped breathing 66.8 times per hour which equals a little over once every minute. Also, I only had 28 minutes of "good" sleep out of 5 hours & 59 minutes of my total sleep time. Gezzz I wonder how long I have had this and how long I have been functioning on 28 minutes or so of "good" sleep per night?? In any event I picked up my CPAP machine today. They told me that it was going to take a while to get use to it and to acclimate myself with the mask to wear it in the evening while watching TV, reading or?? So as I type this I have it on. Teddy is just beside himself. He does not know what to think about this getty-up and looks at me with a pitiful look and is not sure if he should come up to me. I am sure it will take a while for him to get use to it...just as it will be for me. Lets all hope I finally get a safe good night sleep!

2 comments:

Misty said...

WOW!! So you have apnea, also?! Joe does, too. They say it makes you tired throughout the day. What news to get, huh?

Unknown said...

can i get it too