Tuesday, December 30, 2008

IT WORKED!! - James Update
It's been a long two weeks! I have hit just about every fast food restaurant in my area filling James' order of desired food since he says the hospital food is not good. I even got a call this morning at 6am to do a Starbucks run (which I didn't...too early & too cold!). James' speech is coming back and he sounds better every day. He looks great and as of this evening he was transferred to the VA hospital in Palo Alto. I have been praying that a bed would open up there since that is the VA hospital that will be able to continue his recovery and he would get the proper care that he needs! So this evening I did my last fast food run....James requested a BigMac, strawberry shake w/ french fries and a package of Suzy Q's. Before I could even make it to the hospital he was calling me... "Hurry up....Hurry up..there are here to take me!" Of course I hit every red light on the way and when I got into the hospital they had him on the gurney outside his room ready to go. They waited for me. I plopped his BigMac in his lap, gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek...told him to behave.....and off he went! I am sure he will be calling me once he gets settled.

4 comments:

Mike and Gail said...

Should save you a few pennies... James is so lucky to have you in his life. Now if he would just realize it.. We love you and Thank you for all that you do..

Happy New Year...

Dawn said...

I agree Gail he is very lucky and hopefully when he realizes it he appreciates it. Good for you Suzi now you can rest peacefully and think about yourself for a second. Love ya Dawn

Misty said...

I am sure he is very grateful for all you have done. Sounds like he is going to get better really soon. Take care of yourself.

Teapot said...

Hello, we are local mom owned, children's boutique located here in Santa Rosa. It is time to cast your vote for what you think is the best of the Bohemian in the North Bay.

Please take a minute to cast your vote for us! We could use your support!

Thank you!! Just take a look at our blog and it will lead you where you need to go.

Teapot