Monday, October 13, 2008

ANOTHER DAY...AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED
Today I returned to work after being off for 6 weeks due to my shoulder surgery. I have been released to work a max of 4 hours per day. I decided that since the morning is the best of me I will hit the work door in the morning. Teddy was sure happy to be back in his routine. As we entered the building, I let go of his leash...he ran to the postage machine where he knows there is a bowl full of dog treats. He sat and waited patiently as he has always done the past 3 years for me to get myself in the building and over to the treat bowl. I grabbed a treat and off Teddy ran...right to my desk (his spot) and waited for me to make my way down the hall. Excited to be back, Teddy peeked down the hall waiting for his friend Aston. With ears flapping and running full speed ahead you can hear Aston's paws hitting the cement floor as he makes his way to my desk. Sliding into my desk area, something this now almost grown, almost 70 pound Lab has always done since he was 9 weeks old grabs the rope play toy. Teddy on one end and Aston on the other make their way to the lobby pulling each other back and forth sliding on the floor. They have completely torn three ropes apart through the months. Me and Aston's puppy raiser take turns replacing the play toy since we know the boys enjoy it so much. Once we hear our co-workers coming in...we call the boys over. Its funny how the question "Who wants a treat?" is like magic words and no matter how engrossed they are in playing they always seem to hear that. The boys pounce their way back behind my desk as they both sit and wait for their treats! Time to start the day! The four hours of work sure tired both of us out. We came home and hit the bed for our afternoon nap!

2 comments:

Misty said...

Good to hear Teddy had a great day at work...how was yours? lol You should put up the picture of Teddy sitting at your desk...that was so adorable.

Mike and Gail said...

What is new now? Glad to hear work is going well. I bet Teddy is glad to be back at work. :D