Monday, September 15, 2008

The past three weeks has been so boring for me...without being able to do much of anything since my surgery....I started feeling sorry for myself. Try to do things that I should not be doing and overdoing it which does nothing but causing myself pain for a few days. I finally had revelation last night.....I should use my time off as a time to recover from surgery and heal ....I should use this time to do the little things around the house that I can without over doing it. There is a lot I can do.

So today I sat in on an ADI conference call. Lots of talk about the upcoming conference, trade marking the ADI logo, finances, accreditation etc. I started taking notes but quickly gave up and found myself outside on the back deck sitting in the sun ...listening....listening to all of them going on...and on...and on....I muted the phone so my conference call partners could not hear that I was outside enjoying the sun and reading the rest of my book "The Choice" by Nicholas Sparks...
For so many years I have taught myself to multi-task I still half-hearted listened and answers any questions that were thrown my way without having to ask "what was that?" After an hour or so of listening the call ended! I kinda wished it went longer since the end of the call started a string of task that needed to be done.....e-mails, phone calls, e-mails, phone calls......So much for using my time for me......WHAT WAS I THINKING??!!

1 comment:

Mike and Gail said...

Glad to hear you were enjoying the sun. What is that.. I can't wait till Jan.... Whoooooooo. Here we come Fl. :D